- We respect your privacy
- Scalamed is committed to safeguarding your privacy . We understand that information regarding your health is sensitive personal information, and we take this seriously. We never sell your any data that identifies you and we adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Collection of personal information
- Scalamed will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website or mobile application, provide to us directly or provide to us in other forms. We also collect information about you from third parties, namely such as your physician, when they use our services to send your prescriptions to pharmacies and your pharmacists when they make notes about the medications you are taking.
- When you register to use the services offered by our platform, you will be required to provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address. You will also be asked to provide us with information regarding your health, your health fund/insurer (as appropriate),your health providers, your health providers, allergies and the medications that you take andare prescribed. [anything else?]. This information is requested to enable us to identify you, provide our services to you, send you information and provide you with updates about the services we offer and matters we think may be of interest to you.
- We may also collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when your doctor uploads a prescription to your account, when a pharmacist fills your prescription, when you provide feedback to us, when you change your content or email preferences, respond to surveys and/or promotions, [provide financial or credit card information,] or communicate with our customer support.
How we collect your personal information
- Scalamed collects personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our website or mobile application and when we provide our services to you.
- Use of your personal information
- Scalamed may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and in order to provide the services offered by our platform.
- We may make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you, such as providing you with health information which may be relevant to you or making you aware of new medical trials that you may wish to participate in.
- We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- Scalamed may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
- Disclosure of your personal information
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. This may, for instance, include supplying information as a result of an audit undertaken by Medicare or another regulatory body.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Scalamed, its website or mobile application, its customers or third parties.
- [Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties locatedin countries outside of Australia. These may include, but are not limited tothe United States and the United Kingdom. / All information that we collect is stored in Australia.]
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. Limited information may also be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will request that the third party follow this Policy regarding handling your personal information.
- Security of your personal information
- Scalamedis committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Our website and mobile application use blockchain technology. This means that the data you provide to us is never deleted. However, upon closure of your account with us, that data will become permanently inaccessible.
- Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at [insert email address].firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
- Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to [insert postal and email email@example.com]. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- Aggregated Data
- We may collect information in an aggregate and anonymised manner in order to [e.g. develop new products and services, work with our sponsors to tailor offerings to your needs, and ensure we can best support you with your health journey.]
- When you come to our website or use our mobile application we may also collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third Party Sites
Our site uses automatic algorithms which identify websites that may be of interest to you, based on how you interact with us and the data you provide to us. Our website may from time to time have links to these other websites, which are not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitutesponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Scalamed is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.