We use blockchain, as we believe health data must be secure, patient owned, and interoperable.
- We at ScalaMed believe patients should sit at the centre of healthcare. We believe in a future where patients data is private and secure, where patients have control over their health, where treatments are individualized, and data delivers better health outcomes – and not profit for someone else.
- We use the latest technology (blockchain), as we believe health data must be kept safe from hackers, and not owned by anyone except the patient.
- Today, the average citizen sees 16 different doctors who all prescribe medicines, and have no way of reconciling medicines effectively – resulting in errors and side effects – causing 10% of all hospital admissions.
- Clinicians waste up to 25% of their time on administration related to prescriptions (script management, lost scripts, pharmacy call-out script requests) and finding out medical information about their patients. In addition, increasing health data breaches (120M records hacked in 2015), and too many un-interoperable databases (19/person) – demonstrates a real issue requiring a bold new technological solution. ScalaMed’s system solves for all the above by its cryptographic design, empowering patient with their relevant data, without relying on more centralized databases.
Blockchain is a new technological way to de-centralize data in a secure and accessible way.
ScalaMed is a cryptographically secure network, resulting in instant transactions, privacy, security, immutability, accountability, and impeccable record keeping. It is architected to plug into existing medical records (EHRs), resulting in minimal integration overhead and business disruption. ScalaMed is compliant with all data security requirements, ISO standards, and global standards – including HIPAA compliant and protects the privacy and security of information exchanged through the platform.
What is Blockchain
- Blockchain is a new technological way to de-centralize data in a secure and accessible way.
- Blockchain technology is a way to remove the middle-men in healthcare and offers a way to bring a consumer centered approach to our health. In the past, in order to ensure that transactions could occur on the internet, we would appoint a third party, like a bank, to act as a middle-man for us to ensure everything went smoothly. For example, when we send money to a third party online store, we would send money to the bank, who would verify that we have the money in our account, they would keep the money for a few days (and make interest on it and sometimes charge us fees as well), and then pass it on to the shop. The bank would profit from this transaction because there was no simple way of transferring digital assets like money from one person to a shop without this “bank” in the middle. Blockchain technology allows for individuals to transfer digital assets (like money, or prescriptions) securely and directly to someone else, without anyone in the middle. Blockchain is a way to ensure that one’s prescriptions and medication history is owned by the individual, can be securely stored, with privacy, security, safety, and verification embedded in the technology, and can be shared, accessed and interpreted when necessary.
- Blockchain offers a cryptographic way to store and access a verified list of transactions, data, information, results, and procedures, not relying on one storage facility, instead distributed across numerous nodes that instantaneously verify the data to ensure records aren’t lost, misplaced, tampered, falsified or exposed to hacking.
We are doctors, pharmacists, patients, carers, technologists, and visionaries who believe in a better health future.
Dr Tal Rapke, CEO Founder
- Dr Tal, is a trained physician with 20+ years of health experience as an innovator, a digital health expert, an entrepreneur, a husband, and a father of 2 energetic boys. Having lived in New York, Melbourne, Sydney, the Middle East, he has seen the immense opportunity that exists to rethink healthcare and make it more intuitive and patient focused. He has been focused on ScalaMed – dedicated to changing the future of healthcare.
Dr John Lambert
- Ex CCIO of NSW Health – responsible for Digital Health of 8 Million Patients and ICU Specialist, Experienced in all things digital health for 25 years. Has built digital solutions at scale . Deep understanding of regulatory and technical requirements in healthcare.
Brad Walls, Product Manager
- Ux/Ui and Product expert, Brad joined ScalaMed to drive delivery of a world leading combination in advances to blockchain tech and create design-focused products with simple usability. Degree in Advanced Science from the University of Sydney.
Access your patients’ updated/complete medication list across all providers
Save administration time and burden
Integrated into your prescribing software, or available through web or tablet
Reduce adverse medication events with warning on drug-drug interactions across all practitioners
Healthcare professionals Sign Up / Log In
Please add your email address and we will let you know when we are accepting new Healthcare Professionals.
Service remote patients
Offer consumers additional complementary products
Reduce fraudulent prescriptions with added peace of mind
Communicate directly to the prescriber through ScalaMed
Maintain a relationship with the consumer through the Application
Pharmacists Sign Up / Log In
Please add your email address and we will let you know when we are accepting new Pharmacies.
Receive valid prescriptions directly from your doctor to your phone
Store, access and share your prescriptions 24/7
Purchase your prescriptions at your pharmacy of choice – in-person or online
For new OR refill prescriptions
Please add your email address and we will let you know when the App is freely available for everyone
Search for your closest healthcare professional (prescriber) and pharmacy who use ScalaMed.Search for Pharmacies Find Participating Healthcare Professionals
If you are a pharmacy/ doctor and want to grow your business and dispense
digital ScalaMed prescriptions please contact us
Four reasons healthcare needs blockchain
An ingenious invention and IT buzzword, blockchain is overhauling industries with its secure data access technology Now it’s set to solve one of ...
What does health mean to you? The perfect definition.
When my wife was going through rehabilitation after some brain surgery, one of the doctors in the rehab facility took us aside to discuss what he believed a ...
A new consumer-centric approach for healthcare
Paternalism in medicine and health has existed from the beginning of time From Latin terminology unintelligible to consumers, words that differentiate ...
We at ScalaMed are always looking for persistent, ambitious, creative and passionate individuals.
Please contact us if you would like to be part of changing the future of healthcare globally.
Please contact us with any other questions or feedback.