We believe in making healthcare simple, safe and secure. We replace the outdated prescription process with one simple App.
- We at ScalaMed believe you should be empowered and have full ownership of your information. We believe in a future where your data is private and secure. A future where you have control over your health, and where taking your medicine is intuitive and easy.
- We have created the world’s most convenient and simple prescription process.
- We use the latest technology (blockchain),to ensure your health data is kept safe from hackers, and not owned by anyone except you.
It's your health, so it makes sense that you have full access to your data - 24/7. Simple. Safe. Secure.
The only person in common at the clinic, the hospital, the pharmacy, and the specialist – is you. So it makes perfect sense, that you own your data, you have 24/7 access to it, and that you can use it to help you get the right medicines, at the right time and at the right price.
Most health data today is stored in big database owned by private companies – and we consumers lack access to our information. So many of us find it impossible to remember the names of those difficult to remember medicines and dosages, and yet, we are not given our information.
At ScalaMed, we believe in giving you your data, and helping you to easily take your medicines. We use a new secure technology called blockchain to make sure your data is not stored is some big honey-pot, and to ensure that what is private stays private. However, we also know how important it is to be able to share your information with your loved ones and your care teams – and our technology does this easily – on your terms – not ours.
Now for the geek talk – ScalaMed is a cryptographically secure network, resulting in instant transactions, privacy, security, immutability, accountability, and impeccable record keeping. It is architected to plug into existing medical records (EHRs), resulting in minimal integration overhead and business disruption. ScalaMed is compliant with all data security requirements, ISO standards, and global standards – including HIPAA compliant and protects the privacy and security of information exchanged through the platform.
What is Blockchain
- Blockchain is a new technological way to de-centralize data in a secure and accessible way.
- Blockchain technology is a way to remove the middle-men in healthcare and offers a way to bring a consumer centered approach to our health. In the past, in order to ensure that transactions could occur on the internet, we would appoint a third party, like a bank, to act as a middle-man for us to ensure everything went smoothly. For example, when we send money to a third party online store, we would send money to the bank, who would verify that we have the money in our account, they would keep the money for a few days (and make interest on it and sometimes charge us fees as well), and then pass it on to the shop. The bank would profit from this transaction because there was no simple way of transferring digital assets like money from one person to a shop without this “bank” in the middle. Blockchain technology allows for individuals to transfer digital assets (like money, or prescriptions) securely and directly to someone else, without anyone in the middle. Blockchain is a way to ensure that one’s prescriptions and medication history is owned by the individual, can be securely stored, with privacy, security, safety, and verification embedded in the technology, and can be shared, accessed and interpreted when necessary.
- Blockchain offers a cryptographic way to store and access a verified list of transactions, data, information, results, and procedures, not relying on one storage facility, instead distributed across numerous nodes that instantaneously verify the data to ensure records aren’t lost, misplaced, tampered, falsified or exposed to hacking.
We know how hard health is, and we are dedicated to use our experience as patients, carergivers, doctors, pharmacists, and geeks, to make health easier.
Dr Tal Rapke, CEO Founder
- Dr Tal, is a trained physician with 20+ years of health experience as an innovator, a digital health expert, an entrepreneur, a husband, and a father of 2 energetic boys. Having lived in New York, Melbourne, Sydney, the Middle East, he has seen the immense opportunity that exists to rethink healthcare and make it more intuitive and patient focused. He has been focused on ScalaMed – dedicated to changing the future of healthcare.
Brad Walls, Product Manager
- User experience and product expert, Brad joined ScalaMed to drive delivery of a world leading blockchain tech solution. Brad believes in creating design-focused products with simple usability. Degree in Advanced Science from the University of Sydney.
Alon Novy, CTO
- Alon - a serial entrepreneur, and an incredibly experienced CTO, inventor, software architect & development specialist, has designed/built multi-award winning software products across the globe - in banking , project management, and health. Alon is passionate about having a social impact on the world with ScalaMed.
Avoid hospitalizations associated with medication mismanagement
Reduce overall health costs
Save administration time and burden
Integrated into your EMR / just select the pharmacy “ScalaMed”
Improve your patients’ experience of medication management
Fast meds reconciliation
Healthcare professionals Sign Up / Log In
Please add your email address and we will let you know when we are accepting new Healthcare Professionals.
Automates proactive care coordination for patients
Seamless, cost efficient and scalable solution
Links patients back into care
Help support your patients when you are not there
Reduce medication related hospitalizations
Pharmacists Sign Up / Log In
Please add your email address and we will let you know when we are accepting new Pharmacies.
Receive valid prescriptions directly from your doctor to your phone
Store, access and share your prescriptions for free 24/7
Purchase your prescriptions at your pharmacy of choice – in-person or online
For new OR refill prescriptions
Please add your email address and we will let you know when you can receive prescriptions from all doctors
Any more in depth questions on ScalaMed please click through to https://scalamed.freshdesk.comSearch for Pharmacies Find Participating Healthcare Professionals
ScalaMed works with all USA pharmacies.
More details coming soon.
ScalaMed is currently in beta with Urgent Care Clinics in Houston.
More sites coming soon.
Rethinking prescriptions... Is there a better way?
Every day, clinics and patients get frustrated at the administration time they spend in managing their prescriptions From recalling prescriptions, issuing new ...
Why are medicines still killing us?
Being human involves acknowledging our fallibility - we make mistakes Yet, when the same kind of mistakes occur regularly, chalking them up to just ...
Is blockchain the future of digital health?
A revolution is coming Truth be told, it’s already here Blockchain technology has the capacity to revolutionize medical database capability—if we choose ...
We at ScalaMed are always looking for extra-ordinary, ambitious, creative and passionate individuals.
Please contact us if you would like to be part of changing the future of healthcare globally.
Please contact us with any other questions or feedback.